Aquatic Therapy in Newport Beach
Welcome to Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy!
We are proud to be Orange County’s most comprehensive, full-service physical therapy facility since 1995. We are located in Huntington Beach off the 405 and 22 freeways, just a hop, skip and a jump away from Newport Beach! We create the bridge to your wellness with completely customized programs to address all your needs and goals, whether they be hopping, skipping, OR jumping!
Our therapists are experienced, knowledgeable, warm and welcoming individuals. Many clients come to us, very nervous to embark on an aquatic therapy journey, either being afraid of the water or too self-conscious to put on a bathing suit.
We empathize with every client’s unique situation. We have worked with all different body types and will do whatever we can to put you at ease and make you feel comfortable. We will even get into the shallow water with you. Our goal is simple: to get you to where you want to be. We believe in the power of aquatic therapy, so we hope you’ll believe in us!
Aquatic Therapy in Newport Beach
What is aquatic therapy? As you may have guessed, it does involve water. Aquatic therapy is a tried and true alternative to traditional (land) physical therapy. Water therapy has been proven to decrease swelling, improve strength, balance and flexibility, and speed the healing process.
Who should do aquatic therapy? Typically our clients come from one of three places:
- They cannot perform traditional physical therapy exercises because their injured or post-surgical state is too weak or in too much pain. Aquatic therapy is a great jumping off point to increase strength and promote healing, to get the client to a place where they can “graduate” to traditional physical therapy.
- They cannot perform traditional physical therapy at all, because they have a chronic pain condition that prevents them from doing the physically demanding exercises.
- They are doing or have done traditional physical therapy and are simply looking for a great low-impact compliment to their current regimen!
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
Here are some of the proven benefits to aquatic therapy:
- 92 degree therapeutic pool. Warm water relaxes muscles and promotes circulation, increasing blood flow to the areas of your body that need healing
- Buoyancy and weightlessness allow the client to perform strengthening exercises without causing further damage to the injured area
- Less pain
- Reduced swelling
- Better flexibility
- Greater range of motion
- Ability to perform more exercises with less pain increases client’s confidence, which also speeds healing!
Physical Therapy in Newport Beach
In addition to aquatic therapy, our fully functioning PT facility also has everything you need for traditional (land) physical therapy.
Our expert therapists will create a program tailored to your specific needs and goals, including therapeutic exercises (with a variety of state-of-the-art equipment), advanced manual therapies (myofascial release, soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, etc.) , cold laser therapy, and Kinesio Taping. Our therapists are among the few Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioners in Orange County!
For more information on our aquatic therapy or physical therapy programs, please call us! (714) 375-1755
We are happy to answer any questions you may have, and to give you a tour of our facilities. We look forward to serving you!