Water Therapy in Sunset Beach
Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy
Voted Cleanest Commercial Pool in Southern California by the Orange County Health Department
Welcome to Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy! We invite you to take a look around our website and get to know us a bit, and feel free to call with any questions you may have, or to schedule a tour of our fully equipped facilities! (714) 375-1755
We are located in Huntington Beach and are proud to serve the Sunset Beach community with water therapy (aquatic therapy) and physical therapy for any and all situations, including:
- pre-surgery preparation
- post-surgery rehabilitation
- injury rehabilitation
- chronic pain management
- injury prevention
- and more!
Who should do water therapy?
Typically our clients come from one of three places:
- They cannot perform traditional physical therapy exercises because their injured or post-surgical state is too weak or in too much pain. Water therapy is a great jumping off point to increase strength and promote healing, to get the client to a place where they can “graduate” to traditional physical therapy.
- They cannot perform traditional physical therapy at all, because they have a chronic pain condition that prevents them from doing the physically demanding exercises.
- They are doing or have done traditional physical therapy and are simply looking for a great low-impact compliment to their current regimen!
- If you suffer from chronic pain and traditional physical therapy is simply not an option, don’t lose heart. Water therapy can accomplish amazing things for you! Read Julie’s Story to learn how water therapy changed her life!
Water Therapy in Sunset Beach – Southern California Aquatic Therapy
Water therapy, also known as aquatic therapy, is a proven method of physical therapy which offers all the benefits of traditional (land) physical therapy such as strength, flexibility, and balance training, but without the strain and stress on your joints and areas of weakness, injury, or pain.
At Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy, we have an on-site, indoor therapeutic pool at 92 degrees, which research has found to be the optimal temperature for water rehabilitation exercises. Our state-of-the-art pool features:
- salt water – shown to speed healing and is less irritating to skin
- 92 degrees – warm water relaxes muscles and increases circulation
- therapeutic jets – for soft tissue massage
- pool depths from 3 1/2 feet to 6 1/2 feet to accommodate a variety of therapeutic modalities
- aquatic equipment for resistance training in water
- dual handrails for assisted entry
Water Therapy is known for causing reduced swelling, better circulation (promoting blood flow to the affected areas to speed healing), softer (more relaxed) muscles, better flexibility and range of motion, greater strength, and increased confidence. Try it today!
Nervous about Water Therapy?
Many of our clients are hesitant to try water therapy either due to fear of the pool, inability to swim, or feeling self-conscious about putting on a bathing suit. We want you to know that not only are our therapists extremely professional and qualified to guide you, but they are also kind and compassionate people who understand what you’re feeling.
We will do everything in our power to put you at ease and make you feel safe and comfortable. We trust in the power of water therapy, and we hope you’ll trust in us.
Traditional Physical Therapy
Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy is also pleased to provide traditional (land) physical therapy programs as well. Our state-of-the-art facility features all the equipment necessary to address any problem areas, injuries, or rehabilitation needs. We offer Therapeutic Exercise, Advanced Manual Therapy, Cold Laser Therapy, and Kinesio Taping. In fact, our therapists are among the few Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioners in Orange County.
Contact us today with any questions you may have, or to schedule a tour of our facilities. We look forward to meeting you!