Aquatic Therapy in Seal Beach
Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy
Welcome to Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy! We invite you to take a look around our website and get to know us a bit, and feel free to call with any questions you may have, or to schedule a tour of our fully equipped facilities! (714) 375-1755
We are located in Huntington Beach and are proud to serve the Seal Beach community with aquatic therapy and physical therapy for any and all situations, including:
- pre-surgery preparation
- post-surgery rehabilitation
- injury rehabilitation
- chronic pain management
- injury prevention
- and more!
Aquatic Therapy in Seal Beach – Who can benefit?
- If you are currently unable to meet the demands of traditional (land) physical therapy, aquatic therapy can be just the thing your body needs. We will custom design an aquatic therapy program to strengthen your body and when you’re ready, you can “graduate” to traditional physical therapy!
- If you are performing traditional physical therapy but need to expand your program to include more exercises, aquatic therapy is the perfect compliment to your existing program. You can continue to condition and rehab, adding strength, flexibility and balance to your body without any additional strain on your joints.
- If you suffer from chronic pain and traditional physical therapy is simply not an option, don’t lose heart. Aquatic therapy can accomplish amazing things for you! Read Julie’s Story to learn how aquatic therapy changed her life!
Aquatic Therapy in Seal Beach – So Cal Aquatic Therapy
Aquatic therapy is a proven method of physical therapy which offers all the benefits of traditional (land) physical therapy such as strength, flexibility, and balance training, but without the strain and stress on your joints and areas of weakness, injury, or pain.
At Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy, we have an on-site, indoor therapeutic pool at 92 degrees, which research has found to be the optimal temperature for water rehabilitation exercises. Our state-of-the-art pool features:
- salt water – shown to speed healing and is less irritating to skin
- 92 degrees – warm water relaxes muscles and increases circulation
- therapeutic jets – for soft tissue massage
- pool depths from 3 1/2 feet to 6 1/2 feet to accommodate a variety of therapeutic modalities
- aquatic equipment for resistance training in water
- dual handrails for assisted entry
Aquatic Therapy is known for causing reduced swelling, better circulation (promoting blood flow to the affected areas to speed healing), softer (more relaxed) muscles, better flexibility and range of motion, greater strength, and increased confidence. Try it today!
Nervous about Aquatic Therapy?
Many of our clients are hesitant to try aquatic therapy either due to fear of the water, inability to swim, or feeling self-conscious about putting on a bathing suit. We want you to know that not only are our therapists extremely professional and qualified to guide you in aquatic therapy, but they are also kind and compassionate people who understand what you’re feeling.
We will do everything in our power to put you at ease and make you feel safe and comfortable. We trust in the power of aquatic therapy, and we hope you’ll trust in us.
Traditional Physical Therapy
Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy is also pleased to provide traditional (land) physical therapy programs as well. Our state-of-the-art facility features all the equipment necessary to address any problem areas, injuries, or rehabilitation needs. We offer Therapeutic Exercise, Advanced Manual Therapy, Cold Laser Therapy, and Kinesio Taping. In fact, our therapists are among the few Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioners in Orange County.
Contact us today with any questions you may have, or to schedule a tour of our facilities. We look forward to meeting you!