Patient Info / Forms
Are you living with pain? At Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy, we are dedicated to helping you identify the cause of your pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow you to return to normal activities pain-free.
At our Huntington Beach physical therapy clinic, we are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free!
What you should expect from your first visit with us:
- When you call our office, we will gather all the information necessary to set up your first appointment. This may include your insurance information so we can verify your benefits prior to your arrival. We can discuss your benefits and your cost prior to your first appointment. Our team will help you navigate the insurance process so you can focus on your recovery.
- Prior to your first initial evaluation, you will also receive an email with forms to fill out. These forms are directly sent to our system in a HIPAA compliant platform.
- You will meet with our Doctor of Physical Therapy for your comprehensive Initial Evaluation.
- During the Initial Evaluation, your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your Physical Therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your Physical Therapist will discuss your goals and recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your Physical Therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
How you should prepare for your visit:
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Please call our office so we can verify your insurance benefits.
- Make a list of questions to discuss on your first visit.
- Create a list of signs and symptoms that can be of importance to your physical therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Fill out all of the information you are sent in the email you received prior to your first visit.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, your therapist will need to see the area being treated. For example, if you are coming in for knee pain wear or bring shorts. If you are coming in for shoulder pain bring or wear a tank top.
Ready to get started? You can fill your new patient forms beforehand!
We will send you an email with a link directly to all of the paperwork you need to fill out prior to your appointment, this is filled out directly on the computer-no printing on paper and writing everything out! Your information automatically gets loaded into our system via a HIPAA compliant platform. You can be assured your information remains private.
If you prefer to print out the forms, please print the following patient documents below, fill them out, and bring them with you to your first appointment.
New Patient Packet
HIPAA Privacy Notice
At Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy, we are here to help you get the most out of your visit – contact us today with any questions or concerns!