Traditional Physical Therapy
Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy will assist you in your recovery from surgery, injury or chronic pain conditions and vestibular disorders.
Many of our clients benefit from initiating their recovery with aquatic physical therapy and progressing to traditional physical therapy when they are ready.
We provide a comprehensive one hour evaluation followed by an individualized treatment plan specifically tailored to individual unique needs and goals.
We want to be your partner in restoring your quality of life as quickly as possible!
What Do Clients Think of Southern California Aquatic and Physical Therapy?
The staff at Southern California Aquatic Therapy has helped prepare me for two recent surgeries and assisted in my rehabilitation and healing. They have helped me to have a better quality of life than what I had become accustomed to prior to working with them.
Throughout out my time with them, I have enjoyed excellent massage, had reduced nerve damage at surgical incisions with cold laser treatments, and received the benefit of aquatic therapy to provide support for my body while performing increasingly more demanding exercises.
The staff have all been wonderful, and I considered them friends who are working to help me (and all of their clients) to engage in exercise that challenge and strengthen the areas of our bodies that haven’t been working as efficiently or as effectively as they might. The staff has improved my life through the ability to move better.
— Gloria L., Huntington Beach, CA
Learn more about our Physical Therapy Programs to benefit you!
Therapeutic Exercise Programs
Our therapeutic exercise treatment plans includes a variety of strengthening, stretching, and balance training including specific rehabilitation equipment:
- Total Gym Gravity Reformer
- Free weights, exercise balls, strengthening equipment
- Orthopedic shock absorbing Landice Rehabilitation Treadmill
- Nu-Step upper body and stepper cardiovascular training system
Programs for physical rehabilitation and recovery also include:
- Body Mechanics Training
- Lumbar and core stabilization training
- Balance and fall prevention training
- Specific training for shoulder, hip, knee, ankle and spine
Brain Retraining Techniques including Therapeutic Neuroscience Pain Education, Graded Motor Imagery, Mirror Therapy
Advanced Manual Therapy
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Joint mobilization
- Myofascial release
- Scar mobilization and desensitization techniques
Kinesio Tape was developed in Japan in the 1970s and has become the gold standard for rehabilitative taping. It has been widely used for professional and Olympic athletes because of its many benefits:
- Reduced swelling & pain
- Latex-free and breathable
- Flexible tape allows you to move freely
- Water resistant
- Lasts 4-5 days
- Provides muscle and joint support
We also provide McConnell taping, foot taping, and posture taping.
Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy is the transfer of energy through light waves that do not have any heating or destructive effects on human tissue, unlike lasers used in surgery. Cold laser therapy is a treatment for scars, musculoskeletal pain, muscles, joints and inflammation that is growing in popularity. It is also widely used to treat chronic pain and nerve injuries.
Cold laser therapy has been deemed safe by the FDA, following extensive multi-year reviews.
More Physical Therapy in Orange County
Our extensive physical therapy program also includes:
- Electrical Stimulation for swelling, pain relief, improved circulation and muscle reeducation
- TENS used for pain relief
- Iontophoresis and phonophoresis: the use of anti-inflammatory topical medicine with electrical stimulation or ultrasound
- Biofeedback for muscle reeducation
- Cervical and Lumbar Traction